Sunday, September 8, 2013

Great Adventures!




We just returned from a great adventure to visit our grandchildren. Our youngest granddaughter turned 1 over Labor Day weekend. I will have her pictures to show off soon. Clark and I drove to PA with our Scotty Camper. When I looked on line for a campsite I was a bit surprised to find every place was booked. Clark's daughter was able to find us a spot at a private camp ground only 4 miles from her home. That's a story in itself. Hunter and Caroline were camping at Bald Eagle State Park--where we originally wanted to stay. Little did I know we could have booked a site at Bald Eagle State Park in the "Primitive" section. This park is beautiful and the sites are beautiful. Unfortunately I was looking for the hookups. Next time I know better. I just did not know you could bring a camper into the "primitive" section. Now I know and will be better prepared for the next trip.
We visited Hunter and Caroline and of course their parents. We went on a geocaching expedition that had been set up by Ranger Rick. These kids are experienced campers, hikers and geocachers. We had a great time until someone stepped into a bees nest. All hell broke loose with screaming and running. I was lucky to not have gotten stung at all. Clark was stung 5 times, Caroline and her dad were each stung one time but poor Hunter got the most stings with 8-10. Luckily their mom was prepared and passed out Benadryl to all the wounded soldiers. It was a horrible way to end such a great adventure but, the kids and adults are all doing fine and ready for our next adventure. We will not be finishing that geocache-sorry to say.
I have so much to tell you about but I need to start with the family trip first. I will post birthday pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment