Monday, April 23, 2012

Alabama, Take it or Leave it!


I do not mean to be so harsh on the state of Alabama, but OMG I thought I would die of boredom. We drove from the Northwesterly tip to the Southeasterly tip of Alabama and there was nothing worth stopping to see accept this. This is at the Pioneer Village in Troy Alabama. We did not stop to go in although it only cost $6.00 per adult (if I remember correctly). We had already been in the car for about 5 or  6 hours and knew we had another 5 or 6 to go so we really didn't want to spend too much time. It looked interesting. There were a lot of buildings inside the gated area. Aside from this, I did not take any pictures. Nothing. There really is nothing from corner to corner. I must say I was a bit disappointed. I didn't even see a barn worth stopping to shoot. I can assure you this trip will not be made again.

Don't write Alabama off your list because of this. I can assure you there are some pretty sights to see, they just aren't from the Northwest to the Southeast. Remember Alabama has Talladega. That in itself is worth seeing. Cheaha State Park is a nice place to visit as is Talladega National Forest. And down South Alabama is Fairhope along the Gulf Coast--definite place to visit.

Alabama is my neighbor so I will continue to visit and find treasures, just not that one route.

No comments:

Post a Comment